Here is St. Louis
I’m not kidding. I love St. Louis. We have a saying around here: "I’m from the Lou and I’m proud." Darn right! I don’t know what you’ve heard about this city, but chances are it was from some magazine, newpaper or online article.
For example, you may have read that St. Louis is ranked by Forbes as the #1 Happiest City for Job-Seeking College Graduates!
But let me talk to you first-hand, one-on-one, Billiken-to-Billiken: St. Louis is amazing. And it’s only going to get better in the next four years! (And not only because YOU’LL be at Saint Louis University, which, of course, would make any city better, right!?)
Here are my Top 10 St. Louis Summer Hits:
1) Free admission to America’s #1 Zoo
2) Free admission to shows at America’s oldest and largest outdoor musical theatre
3) Free weekends concerts and fireworks downtown by the Arch in July for “Live on the Levee” and “Fair St. Louis” 2013, such as Trace Adkins, Counting Crows, K’nann, Josh Turner, and NEEDTOBREATHE
4) Free outdoor movies on Friday nights on Art Hill in Forest Park
5) Free admission to the Whitaker Music Festival every Wednesday night at the Missouri Botanical Gardens
6) Cardinals Baseball at Busch Stadium, also known as “Baseball Heaven”
7) Ted Drewe’s Frozen Custard, Imo’s Pizza, & Pappy’s BBQ!!!
8) The farmers market by the Schlafly Brewery in Tower Grove Park and the Soulard Market
9) The night life scene on Washington Avenue, as well as America’s best adult playground at the City Museum (a transformed old shoe factory!) also located on “Wash Ave”
10) Amazing headliner tours and sports exhibition games, such as Taylor Swift, Goo Goo Dolls & Matchbox 20, Rascal Flatts, Zac Brown Band, Nelly, Blake Shelton, Dave Matthews Band, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, and even REAL Madrid football, that choose St. Louis as a 2013 top destination at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, Edward Jones Dome, Scottrade Center, Chaiftetz Arena, The Pageant, The Fox Theatre, Busch Stadium, The Peabody Opera House, and many more of St. Louis’ performance venues
And, like I said, St. Louis is only going to get better. This summer construction has started on two HUGE city projects: Ballpark Village and the renovated St. Louis Arch Grounds! Check out the hyperlinks and get pumped. Be proud.
Fall in love with this city. It’s my home, and it can soon be yours.
Be a Billiken. Be here.
Here is St. Louis
- Luke -